POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Gah! Thank god I use RAID 1.. : Re: Gah! Thank god I use RAID 1.. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gah! Thank god I use RAID 1..
From: Mike Hough
Date: 2 Mar 2009 00:09:29
Message: <49ab6a09$1@news.povray.org>
> I have another open HDD bay, can I add another SATA HDD to the RAID1
> matrix, or do I need two more?

You should be able to plug in a new drive and mirror the one that still
works to rebuild the array. Just make sure you select the right one to
mirror :)

I have gone through about 3 drives in the last 4 years and just mirror the
data each time, along with occasional backups of important files onto DVD.